Peanut Butter and Hazelnut Blondies
Having fallen ever so slightly off the health wagon over the festive period (more on this to come), a surprise delivery of goodies from MyProtein gave me the nudge I needed to get back into the kitchen and whip up these amazing peanut butter blondies.
I’ve used MyProtein’s smooth peanut butter in this recipe, which is a great addition for some extra fitness fuel, but I think it would taste just as amazing with any nut butter, especially cashew! These blondies are really moist and gooey, and best of all totally free from refined sugar and dairy!
Makes 12-14 blondies
100g soft dates
3 tbsp honey/pure maple syrup
1x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
7 tbsp MyProtein smooth peanut butter
170ml unsweetened almond milk
1tsp baking powder
100g hazelnuts, smashed
- Pre-heat your oven to 180˚C (fan assisted) and grease and line a baking tray, ready for the mixture
- Place all of your ingredients excluding the hazelnuts in a food processor and mix until fully combined
- Pop your hazelnuts or any other nut of choice into a bag and smash up until you’re left with small fragments of nut. Mix in about 75g of the hazelnuts into your blondie mixture and stir until they’re fully combined
- Scoop the mixture into your lined baking tray and pop into the oven for around 25 minutes until golden brown
- At this point tip the rest of your nut fragments over your warm blondies, and pop back in the oven for a further 10-15mins until the nuts are toasted
- Leave too cool completely before cutting into generous squares and serving
Note. I was lucky enough to be sent some goodies from MyProtein to test and review, however opinions are all my own.